Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spirit Sunday: The Jello Shot

I know we aren't in college anymore and the time for Mad Dog and Boone's Strawberry Hill are done. But a few times each year the craving erupts and I get in a crazy mood to make jello shots. Yes, I said jello shots.
 

Being a more mature lady than I was in college (well, mostly), it's nice to add a sophisticated flair to the flavor and presentation. For those of you who want to flash back to your days of jello shots, here are a few ways to add a flair to simple ingredients and learn more about the process:
  • Want to keep things eco-friendly and offer a cool presentation of your concoctions? Instructables shows you how.

  • I came upon the Jello Shot Test Kitchen blog probably during one of my cravings. The  flavor combinations are definitely more palatable than my attempts in college, and the presentation is nothing but gourmet.

  • The next question I asked myself, after when am I going to make all of these delicious treats, is what is the history of the jello shot? Well, I did a little bit of research and Jello Shot Blog (aptly named) had some good information.
So no matter if you like your jello spiked or virgin, I hope you enjoyed this exploration of a funky little treat. Happy Sunday!

Photo: Patrick Haney

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Bringing back an oldie but a goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I see by your lists of posts there on the right that there are a lot of them I will need to come back and read. I have had little time to read blogs during this 'athon', but LadyMoxie, I love your writing and your topics! Great blog. I'll be subscribing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies!
    Mamma's Always Right - please do check out more posts after #blog2011 - I also have to cathc up and would love to check out your blog soon. This month has definitely been a great writing exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails